When I study English,
there are three reasons why learning English is difficult for me such as
pronunciation, spelling and grammar. First of all, Pronunciation is difficult
for me because English speakers have a different way how to move tongue compered
to Japanese people. There is no "r" sound in Japanese so I have to
practice many times about it. This sound never touches the tooth ridge but Japanese
people touch the tooth ridge when they say similar words to “r” sound. I sometimes
do not understand how to pronounce the English words. Besides, American people
sometimes do not my English when I talk to them in person. If I speak grammatically
correct English, I have to pronounce correctly to let them understand what I said.
I have to do these things quickly in my brain so it is one of hard part to
learn English. Second, writing a correct spelling of new words is difficult for
me because the English word's sounds do not match to spelling. I have to take a
look at my dictionary when I encounter a new word to check its spell. However, Japanese
characters match the sounds. There is no confusion about spelling. I have never
been confused by spelling of Japanese since I was child. Finally, writing and
speaking correct grammar are difficult for me because it is totally different
with Japanese grammar. When I was junior high school student, I learned English
grammar at the first time but I could not understand very well because it was
difficult for me so I understood English grammar after I graduated in high
school. It took so many times to get to know it. For example, it does not
matter if there is no subject in Japanese. In addition, verb must be put after
the subject of the sentence in English but it should be put the last of the sentence
in Japanese. However, I have to put subject in English. It sometimes makes me
confused. Learning pronunciation, spelling and grammar are hard for me when I
study English. If I get over these problems, I can speak English fluently.
Yuta,
ReplyDeleteVery good paragraph. You have the ability to improve your English.